Buying Rugs Online
Different rugs have different features & benefits. When buying a rug online you may consider the following when it comes to rug materials:
What are the benefits of dense pile polypropylene rugs?
Dense pile polypropylene rugs offer a low maintenance rug solution. Dense pile polypropylene rugs are great for high traffic areas as they do not shed. Other dense pile polypropylene rug benefits include:
- Dense pile polypropylene rugs are easy to vacuum
- Dense pile polypropylene rugs are extremely high stain resistance
- Polypropylene rugs have intricate colour detail
- Dense pile polypropylene rugs have an even pile surface, which provides a fun surface for children to play on
- Dense pile polypropylene rugs are low maintenance
- Dense pile polypropylene rugs are highly durable
What are the benefits of wool rugs?
The benefits of wool rugs include:
- Wool rugs absorb moisture
- Wool rugs naturally moderate temperature
- Wool rugs are a natural fibre
- Wool rugs are highly durable
- Wool rugs have a natural look
- Wool rugs provide warmth in a cool climate
Keep in mind, wool rugs do shed.
What are the benefits of jute rugs?
The benefits of jute rugs include:
- Jute rugs are highly durable
- Jute rugs are a natural fibre
- Jute rugs have a natural look
Keep in mind, jute rugs are not recommended to get wet.
What are the benefits of rugs?
- Rugs provide warmth underfoot
- Rugs help to reduce electricity bills & energy use
- Rugs add a layer of insulation
How do I clean my clean rug?
- Rotate your rug to allow for even wear & tear
- Change the area where your rug is placed to allow the flooring to be exposed to sunlight, air & natural oils
- Clean the area under your rug & the bottom of your rug
- Shoes are not recommended to be worn on rugs
- Follow the rug care instructions
- Seek professional rug cleaning & professional rug cleaning advice
Where are your rugs made?
Our rugs are currently mainly manufactured in Turkey, India & Egypt.
Where are your rugs shipped from?
Our rugs are stocked & shipped from a clean Sydney warehouse.
How long does it take for your rugs to be delivered?
The current estimated time frame for an order to be dispatched is within 1 - 4 business days from when an order is placed.
The current delivery timeframe once dispatched to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide & ACT Metropolitan Areas is 1 - 5 business days.
The current delivery timeframe once dispatched to Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide & ACT Outer Metropolitan Areas is 3 - 8 business days.
The current delivery timeframe once dispatched to Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia & Tasmania Regional Areas, Western Australia & Northern Territory is 6 - 14 business days.
Exclusion Areas: We do not ship to all regional areas. Delivery delays can occur.
What size rug do I need?
There is the option to measure the space with a tape measure and place some sheets of paper or masking tape to offer potential perspective on size suitability.
Selecting a specific size, eg. 290x200cm from our All Rugs filter menu will load all in-stock products in that specific size.
Lost Design Society Rug Trends
Lost Design Society has a variety of on trend rugs available. Our rugs collections range from designer rugs to traditional rugs & transitional rugs.